ActivArmor Begins Production of Custom-fit Reusable Face Masks Using Filter Material with 98.9% – 99.9% Bacterial Filtration Efficiency
Pueblo, CO – April 3, 2020 – Biomedical startup, ActivArmorTM, and the University of Maryland’s Robert Fischell Institute for Biomedical Devices have joined forces to bring affordable custom-fitted, reusable face masks to healthcare workers using filter material with enhanced microbial barrier bacterial filtration for Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Custom Fitted to Facial Scan – Provides more accurate seal against airborne particulates
- Utilizes patented POWERGUARD™ filter material, receiving an 98.9% – 99.9% Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) test score
- Are transparent and designed for visibility of the healthcare worker’s lips while speaking, to ensure full patient/provider communication when voice may be muffled inside the mask.
- Comfortable – custom formed to each individual’s face instead of traditional masks that seal by pressure on the mask, that can cause pressure bruising on healthcare workers during long shifts
- Lightweight – Only 0.5 mm thick, to maximize visibility and reduce headaches/neck strain on healthcare workers
- Low-profile – custom designed to face shape to eliminate interference in care by bulky, awkward masks
- Remoldable – easily adjusted and re-molded as needed for seal or comfort
- Reusable – durable and washable for safe re-use with long-lasting, reusable, replaceable filters
With the current shortage for hygienic, custom-fit, reusable N95 masks, ActivArmor is stepping up to fill the need and keep our front-line healthcare workers safe and protected. ActivArmor’s face mask designs are custom designed to facial scans, to achieve the best seal around the mask to block out airborne particulates and address exposure risk experienced with many masks currently in use. The masks are hygienic, washable and re-usable. Custom designs are available for order on their website as of Monday, April 6.
Contact: Diana Hall Diana.Hall@ActivArmor.com
www.ActivArmor.com 317 N. Main St., 2NE, Pueblo, CO 81003 (800) 583-6690
ActivArmor is a Colorado-based company that provides a hygienic, waterproof alternative to traditional casting and splinting through 3D printing. Their casting solutions are used by hospitals and orthopedic clinics across the country, allowing those with injuries requiring immobilization to continue to swim, bathe, shower and wash their hands while healing. Providers replace casting inventory and labor with a 30-second scan – and a custom-designed and fabricated device is delivered in 3-4 business days, eliminating the need for all future casting/splinting for the patient throughout their healing phases. ActivArmor casts can be locked-on or removable, thick or thin, custom coverage areas, and adaptable for use with advanced healing technologies like ultrasound bone stimulators. Patients advertise for the providing clinic with free logos on every device. ActivArmor devices are covered by insurance including Medicaid and Medicare (call specific clinics for coverage details). ActivArmor orthoses are being prescribed by medical providers for treatment of acute injuries like breaks and sprains, and for chronic conditions like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in clinics across the country.