Everyone here at ActivArmor wants to wish our current and former military members a Happy Veterans Day!
Here are some facts you may or may not know about Veterans Day:
- Veterans Day was originally named Armistice Day, which signaled the end of World War I back in 1818 and was officially recognized on the one-year anniversary in 1919.
- In 1926, Congress passed a resolution for an annual observance, but it did not become an official holiday until 1938.
- It was in 1954 that President Dwight D. Eisenhower changed the name of the holiday to Veterans Day.
- In 1968, Veterans Day was changed to the fourth Monday in October, but it was changed back to November 11th by former President Gerald Ford due to the significant history the date stood for.
- Veterans day is officially observed on the “eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month”. Britain, France, Canada, and Australia all honor their World War I veterans on or around November 11th.
- At 11 a.m. on Veterans Day, every year, there is a wreath-laying ceremony that is performed at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery.
- This Veterans Day marks the 100th year anniversary of the procession of the ceremony.
- The first ever Veterans Day parade was held in Birmingham, AL. back in 1947.
We want to say THANK YOU to all the veterans that have served in our military, to protect us and our freedom here in this great land we call The United States of America.
We are American founded and American made.
Visit us at www.ActivArmor.com.